Having good basic drawing skills is the foundation to most art disciplines and anyone can learn to draw. This class is suitable for beginners to advanced students wanting to discover their hidden drawing skills or develop their own technique further using a variety of drawing mediums. Each session will introduce the student to new drawing techniques developing essential observational skills and learning about form, tone & rendering styles using graphite, charcoal, conte, pastels, ink, & coloured pencils.
Students will be guided through various drawing techniques to improve their drawing skills, gaining more confidence as they find their self expression. The course will cover still life, landscape, plein air sketching, figurative, portrait & loose expressive drawing.
Materials & Equipment List
- Pencils, a range from H, HB – 2B through to 6B
- Charcoal, sticks and charcoal pencils,
- Conte crayons
- Coloured Pencil
- Pastels (small set of range of colours)
- India Ink
- Blending stumps (thick & thin)
- Putty Erasers and Hard Erasures
- Pencil sharpener or Stanley knife
- Paper, A3 drawing pad
- Apron (optional)