Join established artist Jocelyn Maughan for a drawing intensive considering a live model for the head study.
This is a unique drawing workshop opportunity. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Along with her career as a teacher of 34 years at Meadowbank TAFE, Maughan married, brought up two sons and continued with her own art. She undertook many portrait commissions and was a finalist in the Archibald Prize for portraiture many times. She won the Portia Geach Memorial Award in 1975. Other awards include the Margaret Fesq Memorial Art Prize and the Kedumba Drawing Award. In 1983 the Australian Watercolour Institute elected Maughan as an exhibiting member and her paintings have been included annually, both in Australia and overseas. Maughan is also a Fellow of the Royal Art Society.
MATERIALS TO BRING
- Paper… photocopy paper A4, or A3 if you have a smooth drawing board
- Clips to hold paper on board
- Pencil 6b
- 6b flat graphite or conte or charcoal
- Kneadable rubber
APPROXIMATE LESSON PLAN
With one hour approx per section:
- Simplified structural and notional heads with emphasis on planes
- Anatomy of Head and neck with human model posing
- Details of eyes,nose,mouth and ears depending on your view of the human model
- Planning a portrait a few tips on composition