Be inspired by the gestural and poignant sculpture of Italian master Marino Marini in this online 6 session clay hand-building workshop to recreate a female bust from one of Marini’s masterpieces!
OVERVIEW – WEEK 1
Building the basic armature for the bust exploring proportional values, stability, flexibility and construction of the foundations.
Finalising the armature and beginning clay hand-building construction of the outer form investigating the interrelationships of shapes.
Developing formwork for top of ribs, neck, skull and arms.
Observing proportions of facial features, developing 3 dimensional qualities of integrated shapes, seeing for height, width and depth.
Developing the clay hand-building construction work to achieve full skin up over the armature.
Finishing our basic modelling and removing underlying armature in readiness for firing, discussing finalising of modelling and patinas.
ART MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 bag air drying clay for hand building (in stock at The Art Shop Mona Vale)
- 1 wooden board to build sculpture on
- 2 small sections of square beam lumber (approx. 25cm length x 4cm width x 4 cm depth)
- 1 metal coat-hanger
- pair of flat nosed pliers
- gaffer tape
- painters cream tape
- kitchen knife
- fishing line for cutting clay
- 2 plastic bags (lightweight dry cleaning bags ideal)
- This event has passed.