Introduction to Painting and Drawing is a 10 week course which will explore fundamental techniques and skills needed to create successful paintings and drawings. Each session will focus on a specific module such as colour theory, chiaroscuro, composition, texture and various painting and drawing techniques. The aim of this course is to learn and practice the basic, yet powerful methods needed to start constructing your own work of art!
Materials to bring for this course may include:
- Charcoal: willow and compressed
- Graphite Pencils
- White charcoal or pastel [you may bring other colours if you please]
- Paint Brushes
- Acrylic Paints: Blue, Red, Yellow, Black, White
- Oil paints if you have them but not necessary
- Odourless solvent for oils
- Linseed Oil
- This event has passed.