This course is for beginners or students who wish to learn how to paint with oils. It is also suitable to those who are feeling blocked or just want to get back into oil painting again. Each session will introduce you to new techniques and you will build your skills gradually each week. Working in the studio students will learn about oil paint materials, drawing up methods, tone and composition, applying paint, organizing your palette, colour mixing, and glazing.
Students will be guided through these fundamental painting techniques gaining more confidence toward discovering their own individual personal artists style. The course includes still life, landscape, figurative subjects and daily painting challenges.
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT LIST
- Old Cotton Rags
- 2 x A4 size gesso primed Canvas
- Charcoal & charcoal pencils, Soft, medium & hard Oil
- Paint colours, – Titanium white, Ivory Black, Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, Pthalo Blue, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium red, Cadmium yellow, alizarin crimson, Pthalo green, naples yellow.
- Odourless turps & jar with lid
- Linseed or stand oil
- Brushes, Hogs bristle brushes (variety of sizes) rounds no. 0 1, 2, – 1 flat no 6. Also a fan brush.
- Palette knives
- Paint palette or disposable palette.
- Apron (optional)
- Disposable gloves
- This event has passed.