Internationally Certified Golden Artist Educator, Georgia Mansur, will extend your knowledge of the acrylic medium and maximize the potential of your paintings in this intuitive and loosening up weekend of creative play. Leveraging your creativity and building on solid foundations of good design principles, tonal values, chunking and simplifying shapes, editing, and utilizing the power to evoke mood through colour, Georgia will take you on a creative journey, a Golden opportunity for you to express yourself! We will exploit the medium to the maximum – from washy glazes to thick impasto texture – you will be encouraged with guidance to paint your own subjects as well as daily demonstrations and exercises by Georgia.
Don’t miss this opportunity to paint with this exciting artist featured in Australian Artist and Plein Air magazine many times and popular tutor around the world, including Europe, UK, and the USA.
Please contact Georgia directly to book in for this fabulous workshop:
I use Golden Acrylics (I will supply paint to share)
- Titanium White
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Cad Yellow
- Yellow Ochre
- Quinacridone Magenta
- Napthol Red
- Cobalt Violet
- Dioxazine Purple
- Chromium Green
- Quinacridone Azo Gold
- Burnt Sienna
- Pthalo Green
- Raw Umber
- 1” Flat
- #14 Filbert
- #12 Round beat up Hog
- #2 Liner or rigger
- house painting brush 2”
- Clear Plastic Sheet protectors (A4 size) x 10
- masking tape 1”
- Painting Smock or Apron
- Water container (like an old ice cream or similar)
- Hair Dryer – this is very important!
- Spray water bottle (fine mist is best)
- Old Toothbrush
- Pencil and Sketchbook
- White rubber Eraser
- Pack of 10 White Plastic Plates OR sealable plastic container with flat sponges and an ice cube tray for palette (preferably with a lid but glad wrap works)
- Roll of Paper Towels
- Roll of Glad Wrap
- Disposable Gloves
- Scissors or Stanley Knife
2-4 canvas boards, sizes can be 12×16” , 16×20” or similar
Other stuff to collect and bring to class:
- Old Magazines x 2
- Old Photos (vintage of people, cars, houses, etc whatever you are interested in )
- Other photo/magazine references you may want to use as a kick starter with themes like Flora & Fauna, Water, Trees, Rocks, Birds, Planes, Trains, Automobiles, Garden, Bridal, etc.
- I will supply interesting fabric, fibres, twine, leaves, twigs, tickets, playbills, etc but you can also bring your own.
- Rice papers, interesting handmade paper
- Old Credit Cards or kitchen utensils that may be used for scraping, mark making
- Favourite Quotes, Poetry, text, Music, feathers, etc.
If you have something interesting bring it in and we will see if it can be incorporated into what we are doing. Always be looking for interesting stuff you might use!
Please note that it will take a while for you to gather the materials listed here and I have many that you may use until you have a better idea of what you need most. I will be bringing in other materials for you to use so that you don’t have to purchase everything we will be using – such as coloured inks, gels, pastes, digital grounds, mediums, gesso, pastels, watercolour sticks, etc.
Most of all, leave your Ego at home and bring your Imagination! :D