Multi Media Painting
Second Half of Term 1 2020
Are you looking for new ways to explore with your art materials?
Come together under the guidance of full time artist and teacher Fiona Verity and create artworks of your chosen subject matter from still life to landscape. The group will be working each week exploring a variety of materials in different combinations from acrylic and watercolour paint to inks and pastels, to collage. Add another element to your artwork and make your own painted collage papers. Learn from the past and be inspired by famous artists from Brett Whiteley to David Hockney or John Wolsley, and Andy Warhol. Demonstrations of technique and 1:1 guidance will be in every session.
Experiment with a variety of wet and dry materials – try different combinations paint with ink, graphite with ink, acrylic/watercolour paint and pastel, see what is available – experiment and play with all the possibilities.
Try Fiona’s ‘Drainting’ technique – Inspired by David Hockney learn how to draw with paint – choose your subject – a landscape or still life with watercolour paint building up layers of patterns and textures.
A look at Tone/Colour – using a limited palette and complementary colours – learn how to create a harmonious image and translate what you see into an expressive artwork adding your own style.
Composition – what questions can you ask to see if your composition is strong? How can you improve your image? How to create thumbnail sketches and how to use them to improve your image.
Collage – Create your own printed patterned painted Collage papers and work them into your artwork – add another dimension to your work.
- Please bring a variety of mark making tools – no need to buy anything new just bring what you have.
- Charcoal, pencils.
- Watercolour paints and/or acrylic any kind, whatever you have.
- A palette (we have plastic plates here and plastic containers for water).
- Coloured watercolour pencils (again we have some here if you don’t have any).
- Thick and thin marker pens.
- Black ink and coloured ink if you have them.
- Oil pastels.
- Any mixed media paper or quality cartridge paper with a minimum of 185 gsm, size of paper up to you – Fiona recommends A2 and you can cut it down.
- This event has passed.