Oil Painting for Beginners
Term 2 2019
Discover your creativity and learn to use oil paints with confidence in a relaxing studio environment. Step by step instructions will help you to complete a landscape or a subject of your choice. Receive individual tuition with a qualified art teacher and demonstrations in colour mixing, composition and painting techniques. Expect to complete a painting during the course and to keep on painting afterwards toward developing your own style.
Oil paints, equipment and a canvas will be provided for a one off fee.
- Painting materials and equipment. Work Health & Safety.
- Composition, perspective, focal point.
- Colour mixing, warm/cool palette.
- Underpainting, tonal values.
All participants will need to bring:
- Landscape image, photo or drawing that inspires you
- Rags for clean-up
- Drawing paper pad, A3 or A4 size
- Wear old or protective clothing, i.e. an over-shirt or apron and covered shoes
Materials can be supplied in a Painting Starters Kit which includes:
- 1 x Canvas 16”x 20” (40cm x 50cm)
- Oil paint for use in all sessions
- Cleaning agents
- Disposable gloves
- Dipper (for mediums)
Cost is $50, payable to tutor at the first session.
Please let us know if you want a ‘Painting Starters Kit’ supplied by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th May.
BYO materials including all the items listed above including a primed canvas 16” x 20” (40 x 50cm) and the following oil paint colours:
- Cadmium Yellow Light
- Cadmium Yellow Deep
- Cadmium Red Medium
- Cerulean Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Titanium White
- Black (any)
- This event has passed.
Waiting list: Please leave your details if you would like to be informed of openings for this class or if it runs again...