Discover how to transfer your images or drawings into a beautiful finished artwork. In this workshop you will learn the fundamentals of lino printing, from drawing and carving your image, to the inking and printing process without a press.. Explore different printing techniques including black and white prints, coloured overlays and multi-layered prints all of which can be practised at home. In this workshop Karen will be investigating working on 2 plates for 1 composition and using different colours. Registration, colour mixing and the compositional use for cutting out white space to provide a visual sense of calm will also be discussed.We supply a lino square, inks, all tools, proofing paper and a fabulous tutor!
Extra lino squares cost $5 per unit on the day to the tutor.
What to bring:
- pencils etc. for sketching an image (whatever you already have)
- small blank note book
- simple black & white drawings or photos ready for you to use
- a large sheet of paper suitable for printing (ask at the art store)
- any carving tools, barons or rollers you have at home. We will supply them if you don’t have any.
- an apron
- your child like enthusiasm to have some fun
Please wear enclosed shoes and old warm clothes.
- This event has passed.