In this 10 week watercolour and related media course, you will put your own brand of interpretation into your work. You will learn and understand many methods and techniques. The class structure offers wet into wet, back runs, dry brush, wet into dry, hard & soft edges, blending, line & wash, textures & sgraffito. Enjoy using water soluble crayons & pencils, gouache & gesso along with much more.
The course is open to the raw beginner or the more advanced student.
You will not need everything on the list for day one and many materials may be shared. We will be discussing materials etc on the first day of the course.
- Watercolour Pad 27 x 37cm (Cold Pressed sealed sides are best)
- Masking Fluid
- Black Ink
- White Designer Gouache
- Water Soluble Crayons
- Water Soluble Pencils
- Graphite Pencils in B, 2B and 3B
- Post Office Pen & Nib (or a stick from the garden)
- White Plastic Palette or White Porcelain Plate
- Low Tack Masking Tape (Hardware Store – mint, mauve or blue 1″)
- Hand Towel or Soft cotton cloths
- Plastic Ruler
- White Gesso
- A4 Sheet of Acetate (or an old x-ray)
- Note Pad & Pen
- Spray Bottle of Water
Watercolour Paints (Winsor & Newton)
(You may use either tubes or pans)
(There are many other good brands which you may also use eg Schmincke, Maimari)
- Lemon Yellow
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Deep Red
- Quinacridone Red or a Rose shade
- Alizarin Crimson
- French Ultramarine
- Cobalt Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Permanent Sap Green
- Yellow Ochre
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt Umber
I use Roymac 017 series in sizes 2, 8 & 10
Hake Brush (for washes)
Bring a Mop Brush if you happen to have one.
If you already have good quality brushes, please bring them along.
- This event has passed.