Join us for an afternoon of watercolour painting with local artist and teacher Eleanor Amiradaki. The group will be exploring a variety of watercolour techniques whilst learning the basics of colour mixing, blending and creating tonal variations and unique compositions. Referencing the works of both traditional watercolour artist’s and contemporary watercolour artists to expand the possibilities of working in this beautiful medium. Demonstrations of technique and 1:1 guidance will be available to each student through this art workshop.
We are delighted to resume face-to-face workshops and classes! However, the health and well-being of our community remains our top priority. To comply with NSW Government Covid-19 rules and social distancing requirements from 1st July adults classes will return to 8 students maximum, with a limit of 12 people in the inside studio space at any time. Please be mindful of this and help us keep our community safe.
- Watercolour paints (tubes or block set is recommended) Minimal Palette – this should include a selection of both a warm and cool red, blue, yellow. Recommended Extra’s: Van Dyke Brown, Naples yellow, titanium white, Ivory black, Burnt Umber, burnt Sienna. I recommend Holbien or Windsor & Newton.
- Roll of absorbent towel & masking tape (we will have some here)
- Pencils, kneadable eraser
- A plastic watercolour palette (we have plastic plates here and plastic containers for water).
- Coloured watercolour pencils (again we have some here if you don’t have any).
- Any smooth or medium watercolour paper with a minimum of 185gsm (size of paper is up to you and can be cut down to suit). Recommended: Arches watercolour paper.
- This event has passed.
Waiting list: Please leave your details if you would like to be informed of openings for this class or if it runs again...