A celebration of human existence.
I explore the figure considering angles, motions, shadows, weight, line and anatomy. I pursue the limbs of the human form with distortion to allude to the energy and action rather than the true realism of the pose.
Capturing and expressing human life with gestural marks created by observation using feeling derived by visual sensation; enables a raw expressive mark entwining and forming into the figure.
Thus I pursue and celebrate the beauty of the human form all the while capturing our emotions that is conveyed through the lyrical motions throughout the body.
Fine art education
- 2012 Bachelor of Fine Arts: National Art School, Darlinghurst.
- 2010 Advanced Diploma of Fine arts; Hunter St Campus Newcastle 2005 Cert III in Fine arts Hunter St Campus Newcastle
- 2004 Certificate in Sandstone Sculpture WEA Newcastle
- 2016 Finalist; Whyndham Art Prize, Melbourne
- 2015 FECK art finalist; Melbourne
- 2011 Winner John Olsen Prize for Life Drawing
- 2005 Shortlisted for Reg Russom Prize for Life Drawing